Managed VPS Hosting
To get a clear understanding of managed VPS hosting, it is important for you to understand the differences between VPS, shared and dedicated hosting in the first place.
Dedicated servers are known for offering dedicated resources along with top level security and privacy. With dedicated server hosting by their side, users generally do not need to complete with the other sites or competitors for speed, storage and bandwidth. They are the only customers having access to their servers. Levels of security are judged according to available options and it can rightly be said that shared hosting is relatively secure.
The meaning of shared server hosting is that the site of the client will be highly affected because of the activities of the other sites being hosted on the same server. Hence, this kind of hosting exposes sites to higher chances of attacks and viruses. Managed VPS hosting is where the users occupy their very own private spaces but vulnerability can be a major problem is they are using compromised hypervisor. So, the hypervisor here has an important role to play. Coming to dedicated server hosting, this kind of hosting offers high level of security because the server space is not being shared by the other sites.
What is Managed VPS Hosting and How is it Different from Unmanaged VPS Hosting?
Managed VPS hosting simulates the environment of a dedicated server but offers the same environment in a shared server hosting situation. To be more specific, if you are going for virtual private server hosting, you are sharing the physical machine or server with the other sites but with more of private space compartmentalized within the shared server space.
Coming to the differences between Managed virtual private server and unmanaged VPS hosting, there are a number of factors that differentiate managed VPS from an unmanaged VPS server. Now when it comes to online business owners and bloggers, it pays to make the right decision here. Virtual Private Server hosting is one of the most popular choices for majority of the website owners of the present times. This is because it provides the benefits of a dedicated server but within a range that can easily be afforded.
Managed VPS hosting is where the hosting provider takes care of server administration, monitoring and management. On the other hand, unmanaged VPS hosting is where the users will have to take care of all these things. So, for website owners and bloggers who do not have much of technical expertise, going for unmanaged solutions in this category might be a challenge. Hence, it always works to opt for VPS hosting.
What is Managed virtual private server Used For?
The Managed virtual private server services of Onlive Server are used for managing and hosting a plethora of resource-intensive sites. Such solutions are also used for reselling hosting and for hosting blogs and forums with heavy or moderate usage. Managed virtual private server hosting can also work for eCommerce stores. Some of the major features that the servers come loaded with are 1 core processor, KVM architecture, 30 GB storage space, 1 GB RAM, 100 Mbps network connectivity speed, 1 TB data transfer bandwidth and Linux or Windows operating system options.
Benefits of Going for Managed VPS Hosting
There are large scale benefits of going for managed VPS hosting and we will have a look at them below:
- First of all, managed VPS hosting is a financially-friendly alternative to dedicated server hosting. This is mainly due to the fact that VPS servers tend to be virtual and hence they do not require advanced solutions or physical hardware.
- Another great benefit of a virtual private server is that it can easily be customized to suit the requirements of a user. This is another major reason behind the popularity of virtual private servers. There are many site owners who prefer Managed virtual private server hosting only because it gives them the ability of choosing the features they actually require while doing away with the ones that are not needed at all. This makes the hosting experience of the users easy to understand and less complicated at the same time.
- Managed VPS hosting is safer in comparison to shared server hosting. All thanks to the dedicated resources provided by a VPS server, it comes as one of the most substantial improvements to a shared server. Virtual private servers are not just better than shared servers in terms of reliability and performance but also in regards to security. Virtual private servers do not share resources with the other sites and thus there is no risk for the users or the sites to suffer because of some other site that is going through cyber security problems.
Some important queries regarding managed VPS hosting are as follows:
- Are managed VPS servers scalable?
Yes. Managed VPS servers can easily be scaled up and even down depending on the requirements of the sites being hosted on these servers.
- Who is managed VPS hosting most perfectly suitable for?
Managed VPS hosting is perfectly suitable for small businesses that are in the look out of performance-based, reliable and scalable servers.
- Is minimal downtime a possibility with VPS servers?
Yes, going for a virtual private server means you will be experiencing minimal downtime with 99% visibility online.
- Which are the best demographics served by VPS?
VPS server hosting works out fine for freelancers and professional bloggers. It helps them in establishing sites that further help them in building brands.